9/14/2009

CHRIS BAILEY - What we did on our holidays ?

CHRIS BAILEY What we did on our holidays ? lp 1984 New Rose 320 kbps
In the midnight hour / Ghost ships / Cherokee dance / I`m drinkin' / Bring it on home to me / Careless love / I heard it through the grapevine / Amsterdam / All night long / Walk on / Another saturday night.
Recorded live in Australia. Produced by C. Bailey.
Chris Bailey: vocals, guitar + ?
"The album was recorded all over the place-and sounds like it! It is definitely not recommended to Hi Fi buffs! The original intention was to do what the title suggests : capture the rawness of what Bailey was doing in his sabbatical year from the Saints in 1983.The result is a mixture of acoustic performance and raucous "soul & blues"covers with his "fun"band captured during that year. An interesting collection...!" Source
This lp was only available through New Rose Records and has never been released like that in cd ... but you can find it on the "DM blues" a double cd with songs from the albums "Casablanca " ,"Savage entertainment" and the EP "Do they come from you ?".

Cd artwork by MAX !

11 commentaires:

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

CHRIS BAILEY "What we did on our holidays ?" 320 kbps + cd covers by MAX !

Enjoy it & leave comments !

fab a dit…

Tracklist :

In the midnight hour / Cherokee dance/ I`m drinkin'/ I heard it through the grapevine/ Bring it on home to me / Careless love / Ghost ships / Amsterdam / All night long / Walk on / Another saturday night.

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

Thanks fab for the lp track list

...but we've changed it for the SOTD cd (tracks in the file are in the order of the cd tray)
Note that's it's not a vinyl rip : all tracks are from the "DM blues" cd !

DEE DEE a dit…

Is there a problem with tracks 9 & 10? Can't play it properly...
Good Job though, as usual.

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

Yes ! there's a problem ...
I make another link ...

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

I've made another rip : songs 9 & 10 play well ! Sorry !
Les chansons 9 & 10 parasitées par des bruits , j'ai fait un nouveau rip ... désolé !

DEE DEE a dit…

Thanks! SOTD = Best R'n'R Blog, by Far.

Anonyme a dit…

AH BRAVO !

FF

Anonyme a dit…

new ross
bon label quand meme

ah qd les moustaches frisent le rock n roll , terrible !!

CCraideur

jes a dit…

Hello
has been some swap: some corrections :
Ghost ships > is actually: Cherokee dance
I'm drinking > is actually: I heard it through the grapewine
Cherokee > is actually: I'm drinking
I heard it through the grapevine > is actually: Ghost Ships
I suggest you rename the file.mp3

correct order from vinyl is:
A 1 Ghost ships
A 2 I'm drinking
A 3 Careless love
A 4 Amsterdam
A 5 Walk on
B 1 In the midnight hour
B 2 Cherokee dance
B 3 Bring it on home to me
B 4 I heard it through the grapevine
B 5 All night long
B 6 Another saturday night

pour conclure : MERCI Mr M.Rambler pour tous ces disques !!
and remember: "VINYL KILLS THE MP3 INDUSTRY"

back to the oldies a dit…

salut
Re up please ?

Merci